Thursday, November 24, 2011

Indiblogger, Strangers and Bliss

My Journey as a blogger (Ok..ok…I know, I am just 10 posts old!) began sometime around October 2010. I happened to attend a conference on Creative Influence. I don’t know what I thought but I chose a track on Creative Writing. Until then I have never attempted writing seriously. I am a Pastor of a church, so I did write some stuff as articles for some magazines with a circulation of some 50 subscriptions. I know that does not count for serious writing.

Anyway at this conference, with this brilliant writer talking so much about the influence writing can have on the lives of people, I was provoked, challenged into and emotionally charged up to write a book. Our trainer spoke about the importance of writing blogs before attempting to write a book.

With my spirits up and an aim of writing a book, my pen racing like Michael Schumacher, and hoping to influence everyone with nation’s best seller, I started a blog. (I still can’t figure out, how i convinced myself that i can write a nation’s best seller.) At the first attempt I wrote three posts without a pause and then I Paused…..and man! what a pause it was…an year long! My mind couldn’t budge even an inch into the thinking zone and all excitement died with it.

Now one year later, by some friend’s comment on his facebook page i was coerced into writing a post. Within last four weeks I have finished seven posts and this is my eighth. And I am still writing and excited….entered into Writer’s Bliss zone….  So, I asked myself why this sudden change and why am i still continuing?

You see, four weeks back when I wrote my first post on “Should we or Not? Heroes – Stories”, which basically rises a thought on should we follow heroes and attempt great things like them, a fellow blogger friend gave a friendly advise to me. He suggested that I should join Indiblogger in order to gain a wider recognition and feedback for my blog.

Until then the only publicity I did was to paste some excerpts of my post on my facebook page for my friends to see and hope that they will read it and encourage me. Alas! except for two consistent friends of mine (What they saw in my writing is a mystery), no one really showed any interest. But now, I am not able to stop blogging and I realized there are two reasons behind it…indiblogger and strangers.

Once I registered my self at Indiblogger, people whom I have never met in my entire life, people who are not even in my friends list have taken time to look at my blog and some actually dared to vote for me and then some of them are insane enough to make encouraging comments on my post. I am indebted to these wonderful strangers. It is because of them I am continuing to write. My blog is experiencing a ridiculous number of hits. All because of indiblogger.

Indiblogger has become such a brilliant platform that brings some remarkable writers together. Thank you indiblogger and the team behind, you have given me a reason to do something with my dull mind, to become a better person and healthier writer. It’s such a beautiful experience to have Strangers as friends. Thank you Strangers (Now, my virtual friends) for your encouragement. Thank you for patting my back. Without you, I would have by now hit the wall in my head. (It is also possible I would have hit the wall with my head too)

How long this bliss will continue, I do not know…but I suspect as long as indiblogger exists, and as long as these strangers on the other side keep hitting my blog, it’s going to be a long bliss….

6 comments:

  1. outstanding post. yes even i m thankful to all those strangers and of course indiblogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. @deba: Thankyou...your posts are an inspiration too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaitanya, Indiblogger has changed lives of all of us like this. I did know ABC... of blogging until I joined it and experience has been similar to you. Thanks for putting it up here. Outstanding.
    Story in pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post! And wow work. Never imagined a pastor would be keen to interactive blogging!:-) .can totaly relate to not writing for mths togthr. Keep the blog rolling and connecting withmore readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thank you guys...good to know there are many who can identify with me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one dude!

    I am not just a fellow blogger friend of yours.. :P

    Just kidding.. Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete